YMCA college of Physical Education which was established nine decades ago is visualized as a ‘Teacher Training’ institution which prepares full-fledged leaders in Physical Education with over all development of physical, mental, moral, and spiritual values who can contribute to the nation. In creating and sustaining fit citizens.
“TO PREPARE PHYSICAL EDUCATION LEADERS OF HIGH ACADEMIC CALIBER, WITH A HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT OF BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT NURTURED WITH A STRONG COMMITMENT TO SERVE HUMANITY REFLECTING CHRISTIAN VALUES”
Ø Striving for excellence in Physical Education profession and allied sciences through dynamic programmes and activities and empower youth with increased responsibility of serving the community
Ø To pursue global standard of excellence in teaching, learning, research and consultancy by self evaluation and continuous improvement.
Ø Provide ,knowledge-based services’ to the sports industry and to satisfy the needs of the society
Our Motto “The Abundant Life”
CREDENTIALS OF THE COLLEGE
· YMCA College of Physical Education is the first Physical Education College in South East Asia.
· This institution is a “prestigious” project of National Council of YMCAs of India and is a Christian Minority Institution.
· YMCA College is recognized by the National Council of Teacher Education.
· It is an aided college under the government of Tamil Nadu.
· It is an autonomous college affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University.
· YMCA College is accredited by National Assessment Accreditation Council (NAAC) with 'A' Grade.
· YMCA College has attained an iconic status having excelled over 90 years, and it is a 'Role Model' for all Physical Education Colleges and Departments in our countries Higher Education realm.
· BMS course is recognized by RCI, Rehabilitation Council of India.
· It is registered under UGC Act.
· An Autonomous College since 1986 and affiliated to the TamilNadu Physical Education & Sports University from 2006.